University of Best Practice 5/2/2016
Pharmacy Coalition for the Healthy Works: Prevention Initiative
12:00 to 12:10 General meeting welcome and introductions
Facilitator: Anthony DeMaria, MD, Chair of Be There San Diego
12:10 to 1:00 Pharmacist group meeting with San Diego County Health and Human Services representatives to review the CDC Prevention Works project
1:00 to 2:20 Pharmacist group meeting with additional stakeholders, including healthcare administrators, physicians, patient advocacy group representatives
2:20 to 2:30 Conclusion and Adjourn
- Grace Kuo, PharmD, PhD, MPH, FCCP, Professor of Clinical Pharmacy and Associate Dean for Academic Clinical Affairs, University of California San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences; Director of SDPharmNet
- Christina Mnatzaganian, PharmD, BCACP, Health Sciences Clinical Assistant Professor, University of California San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Anthony Morreale, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, Assistant Chief Consultant for Clinical Pharmacy Services and Healthcare Services Research, Department of Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Benefits Management
12pm – Pharmacy Coalition Meeting
• Describe the purpose, scope and timeline of Healthy Works: CDC Prevention Project
• Review draft survey to identify clinical services provided by health-system and community pharmacists in San Diego
• Identify topics of interest and learning opportunities for future Pharmacy Coalition meetings
1pm – University of Best Practices
“Strategies to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk: Best Practices in Pharmacy Services for Patients with Pre-Diabetes or Hypertension”
• Discuss current best practices being implemented in health-system pharmacy and community pharmacy settings
• Review outcomes associated with pharmacist-based models to reduce cardiovascular risk
• Identify opportunities for pharmacy service integration in health systems and community for patients with pre-diabetes or hypertension
University of Best Practices is a part of the Be There San Diego Initiative
Be There San Diego's Strategic Aims, 2015 - 2016
- Ensure every patient in our region with cardiovascular risk factors is receiving the best treatment for the prevention of heart attacks and strokes with a focus on those patient populations with disproportionate cardiovascular risk factors.
- Identify, educate and motivate San Diegans at risk for heart attacks and strokes, both in the community and in the clinical setting, to know their risk factors and pursue treatment options to prevent heart attacks and strokes with a focus on those communities who are disproportionately impacted by cardiovascular disease.
- Lead a regional healthcare ecosystem effort to coordinate and collaborate on improvements in our healthcare systems to eliminate heart attacks and strokes for all San Diegans with a focus on those who are disproportionately impacted by cardiovascular disease.